Friday, August 14, 2015

A Little Paint Makes A Big Difference!




Hey, Everyone! Today, I have two of my latest projects to show you. I was given a beautiful wooden coat hanger from some friends of mine recently and wanted to add some colour to it. Then, my brother asked me to refinish his night stand to match the rest of his bedroom furniture. I figured they'd both be easy enough to do at the same time, so I will feature both in this post. Below is the coat hanger before I added some Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint to it and some stencilling. 


 My dog, Rebel, wanted me to play with him the whole time!

 This is my brother's night stand. I really love how it looked when he got it, but he didn't like the water stains on it and wanted me to use a lighter shade of grey paint on it to match his dresser and desk. I also took the front door off and used Minwax's Dark Walnut stain to match his other furniture.


In the photo above, I removed the hooks off the coat hanger and painted on all sides with one coat of Annie Sloan's Old White chalk paint.
 Here is my brother's night stand in the lighter shade of grey, and the front door sanded down and ready for staining.

 After the Old White paint dried, I lightly sanded it down so that the wood grain would show through and look naturally weathered. I LOVE the effect it had!

 In preparation for stencilling, I placed the hooks where they would be screwed in and taped down the lettering I was going to use. It turned out very nicely! 

 And with a coat of Varathane added for protection, this coat hanger is ready for my entryway! 





 After the stain and paint dried, this nightstand is ready to go! 


No comments:

Post a Comment