Friday, May 27, 2016

Beach Cottage Feel


Hey, Everyone! I am so excited to share my latest project with you! I was recently contacted by a client who wanted her bedroom furniture updated. She wanted a "beach-cottage" feel and for it to be painted with chalk paint. Chalk paint is fantastic because of its durability and how easily it can adhere to wood without need any sanding or priming. One of my favourite stores, Spruce Collective, recently debuted their new line of chalk paints called, "Shelter by Spruce Collective." Originally, we were going to go with their light green colour called Beach Glass. It looked amazing, but when we went to the store, we realized it was more green than what we were looking for, so we went with Succulent. Succulent is a gorgeous blue/grey toned paint, it was just perfect for our beach look. What really amazed was the coverage this paint has... it only took one coat of paint to achieve our look (which is usually unheard of!) and after refinishing two dressers, two night stands and a table, we only used half of a can! I'm incredibly impressed with the quality and how far this paint goes! 




 Here are all the "before" photos of the dressers and night stands. After laying a tarp down and setting everything up, it was time to test the paint. 


I used a dry brushing technique on the furniture to create a naturally distressed look. This paint was nice and thick, so only one coat was needed. This project took hardly any time and dried so quickly. Because the paint is so durable, it passed all of my tests so I ended up leaving it without any protective coating. 



Since we used just barely half of the paint can, my client had a table she was hoping to turn into a desk so I suggested that I paint the base to give it more character. The results were fantastic! :) 

























I absolutely can't say enough good things about this chalk paint! The quality is amazing and the colour ended up being the absolute perfect fit. It creates a tranquil look, cozy and calming and completely changes the look of the whole room! It's always such a great feeling to see a happy client and to know you've helped make a transformation that will last for years to come. :) 



Feel free to "like" our Facebook Page at: http://www.facebook.com/hollyshomestead
 


No comments:

Post a Comment