Monday, October 22, 2012

The Perfect Gift

My sister's birthday is in the begining of October and as I overheard her mentioning that she wanted a new jewellery box, I let the creative ideas start coming. I bought a basic wood jewellery box from Michael's crafts store and painted it black. After multiple coats of paint, some sanding (and a few dents from a hammer to give it that "lived in" look), I had to change a few things. Originally, the box came with a clear glass lid, which I had to remove for painting. Unfortunately (and oh- so typically), the glass shattered when I began to place it back for completion. With only one more day until my sister's birthday, I came up with an idea: why not use some chicken wire, burlap and cork board backing to replace the glass? Here's how it turned out:








 










No comments:

Post a Comment