Friday, April 3, 2015

Two Small Projects:



Hi Everyone! Since I've finished quite a few projects, it's time to show them off! After refinishing the hutch from the last post, I had a fair amount of the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White leftover. So, why not use it all up? In this post, I've painted an antique side table and a child's rocking chair. The best part about these projects was that once again, using chalk paint requires no sanding. First, I'll show you the side table. I was hired to paint it when I did the hutch. The details on the table's legs  couldn't be seen with the stain, but after painting, they really stand out! 





After painting, I used a coat of Varathane to protect the finish. I love the elegance of this table!

 And here is the child's rocking chair that I recently got for free. Since I had just a little bit of paint left, I was worried it wouldn't cover it entirely, but boy was I wrong! I had enough to do two coats!




 Although it's hard to see in the photo, I did a little distressing before putting Varathane on it. This gives it a shabby chic look!
Well, these couple of little projects turned out quite nicely! And once again, chalk paint made it go by quickly! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment