Tuesday, May 19, 2015


Hey, Everyone! I've decided to take advantage of the great weather we've been having to do some more projects. I refinished an old bench the other day that needed a fresh look. This bench has been in the family for quite a few years and was definitely ready for an upgrade from retro blue to distressed grey. 



 This bench had a lot of dents and already was peeling in some areas, so the first thing I did was to sand over the rough spots with some 80 grit sand paper. After some debate, I decided to paint the bench black to go over the very bright blue paint.


 After two coats of black paint, the bench is almost unrecognizable! It looked great, but I wasn't completely happy with leaving it black. I used a flat grey paint over top using my painting technique to give it a "brushed" look. The grey paint gave the bench more of a vintage look.


 The bench only needed one coat of grey paint to achieve this look. I love how the lighter grey makes it look more inviting and vintage as opposed to old/worn out.





Thanks for taking the time to read this post! I hope you like it! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment