Thursday, November 26, 2015

It's Christmas Time :)



Hey, Everyone! I don't know about you, but I'm feeling ready for Christmas! And of course, ready to try making some new decorations! I found this idea on Pinterest, using pulled apart cloths pins, paint and decorative stickers. It is very easy to do! I first pulled apart a TON of cloths pins and used a hot glue gun to glue the ends together and then connect the "legs" of the stars in the middle. After making the first few, I got creative and tried a few different ideas. It's so easy to make and can look amazing with the right paint colours. You can even stain them, but I decided not to, because I didn't want to wait so long for them to dry.


In the photo below, is one of my creative attempts at making a tree topper! 



After some deliberation, I decided to spray paint the ornaments using Krylon's Gold Spray Paint, and Krylon's Burgundy Red Spray Paint. (I chose the burgundy, as opposed to using bright red because I like more of a country/vintage feel.... and the regular red was just a bit too bright for my taste!)


After visiting the Dollarama, I found a bunch of adhesive mini decorations. They were perfect to place in the middle of the stars and add some subtle colour to them too. 













If you want to add ribbon to hang the ornaments with, you can easily hot glue the ribbon between the cloths pins for the top "leg" of the stars... or you can drill a hole and tie them too! These stars are perfect for just setting them in the branches of your christmas tree if you don't like hanging ornaments... makes for easier clean up!


No comments:

Post a Comment