Saturday, July 16, 2016

Updating A Chest Of Drawers



Hey, Everyone! I recently was asked by a client to refinish a gorgeous chest of drawers. It was built by her godson so it also has a lot of sentimental value. I'm tempted to see if he can build me one too! This chest has a lot of character, my client wanted me to paint it solid white and to refinish those brassy knobs. The photos don't show it too well, but the previous stain on it was a pinkish grey colour. Painting it white would give it an update but also help it tie in with the rest of their room's furniture. 



After settling on a shade of white, we chose Cotton by Spruce Collective. Their chalk paint is fantastic, it also eliminates the need for any sanding! I ended up doing two coats so that it's a solid white colour. 



It's always amazing what a change in colour can do! These knobs were a brassy gold colour. We decided I'd spray paint them a dark brown colour. It took a couple of coats to get them perfect. 






After everything had dried it was time to put it back together. This chest of drawers looks so classy! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment