Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Beautiful Dining Table Set



Hey Everyone! I'm so excited to share this project! I found this table set at a neighbour's garage sale and couldn't believe my luck! It came with four chairs, everything is solid wood. The best part? All we had to do was carry it up the road to get it home! I was pretty happy to not have to figure out how to load it into our car! :) 



My husband, Curtis, helped me sand down the table top right down to the bare wood. After all the sanding, I wiped everything down with a damp cloth. 


I decided to use some leftover stain, Minwax's Classic Grey. I felt that it wasn't quite the look I was going for, it had more of a blue undertone, so I decided to take a risk, by doing another coat, this time using Minwax's Jacobean. It gave it a warmer grey look, much better! 


For the bottom of the table, I used a classic - white chalk paint. I also put a protective coat of clear wax to give it a matte finish while protecting it as well. 





I'll be honest... chairs are the worst! I really dread refinishing them because of their tricky, hard to get to spots, and because it seems to take forever! Luckily for me, the grey chalk paint I used covered them nicely, and my husband kindly helped with the painting! After painting, I used polyeurethane to protect them. I originally tried wax, but found it very difficult to keep a consistent matte finish with the colour, I repainted and then used poly to protect them and keep the colours consistent. 





.... And the finished product! This table looks very different than it did a few weeks ago. It's been the perfect summer project, one that I could work on here and there, while still getting other projects done. I can't wait to see who it's lucky new owner will be! :) 


My dog, Rebel, loves to wander into the photos when he sees me taking pictures. He's a bit of a ham! :) 











Thanks for taking the time to check out my post! Feel free to "like" my facebook page to see more of my projects: https://www.facebook.com/hollyshomestead/

No comments:

Post a Comment