Tuesday, March 6, 2018

A Vintage Nightstand

Hey everyone! I’m thrilled to share with you my latest project! This adorable nightstand was purchased by a friend recently. The size and adorable handles really added to the look she wants for her bedroom, the only problem was that the white paint on it was in rough shape! Using some Rustoleum Chalk Paint in White Linen, I was able to update this nightstand to turn it into an adorable French Chic addition to her room! 



My dog, Rebel, is a pro at sneaking into photos šŸ˜‚













It’s always amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do! This nightstand looks so much brighter! After the paint dried, we decided to try out some stencilling! I printed out some vintage stencil ideas, shaded the backs of the paper with a pencil and traced over them to created an imprint of the images we wanted. Then I filled them in  by hand using black paint and my finest paint brushes. This method proved to be my favourite way of stencilling! It was so easy and the lines were very clean without any bleeding that tends to happen with paint pens and plastic stencils. 
 




Once the stencils had dried, I took the metals handles and used some black spray paint to freshen them up. They really stand out now! I also waxed the entire nightstand for protection using a cheesecloth. So far, cheesecloth has been the best method I’ve found to put on wax. Once the handles dried and were put back on, the nightstand was complete. What a transformation! We are so happy with the results! Jenny, it was a blast doing this project for you! 





















Thank you for taking the time to read my humble little blog! ☺️ 
You can check out my Facebook page here šŸ˜€

No comments:

Post a Comment