Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Stencilling an Antique Table


Hey everyone! I absolutely love tables, to the point where I’ve been hoarding them a little too much! This antique table is so pretty, I’m having a hard time parting with it! The bottom of the table is in great condition, but the top was looking pretty rough. I decided to use Rustoleum’s Chalk Paint in White Linen to give it a new look. 














After two coats of paint, the table top has some new life! I wanted to do a stencil in the middle to add to the look. After printing off an image I liked, I shaded the back with pencil, and then outlined the lettering to make an impression on the table top.












Using fine paint brushes, I filled in the lettering! As you can see in the photo below, I needed to make a couple of touch ups after. This was easy to do using the white paint and fine brushes to fix up problem areas. 






Ta da!!!! After I was satisfied with the stencil, I waxed the table to protect it. This project turned out better than I expected, I’m even more tempted to keep this one. 😂 I probably don’t have the room, but we’ll see if I can convince my husband! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment