Monday, December 21, 2015

Giving Old Chairs An Update:




Hey, Everyone! Remember the beautiful dining table I recently refinished? It needed one last step to make it complete! It seemed pretty odd to pair my updated table with out dated chairs! Since they are solid wood, it was very easy to refinish them! Using spray paint is a great option for projects like chairs because the paint can reach odd corners and areas that would normally take forever to paint by hand! I've hand painted chairs before and hated every minute of it! Thankfully, spray painting is much easier. :) 


When spray painting chairs, it's important to make sure you flip the chair down so you can get the undersides and underneath where the back rest is too. People sometimes forget this step, and then realize later on that they missed parts of the chair. Below, is the first chair I spray painted. The paint turned out great, but was not as black as I had wanted. So after a quick run to the store, I got it right. 


Using Krylon spray paint in a flat black with primer built in, it saved me from having to do lots of coats on the chair and after it dried, I realized I really didn't need to put a clear coat over top either. This was such an easy project but it make the chairs look so classy and elegant! 





In the picture below, you can see that I left some areas of the red showing through the black paint. I did this on purpose to give it a distressed look. All of the chairs look amazing with a hint of the red showing through in areas! 





All set up with my table, they match so perfectly! This is such an inexpensive way to update your furniture and it will last for years! The black contrasts beautifully with the white legs on the table to really give an elegant farmhouse feel. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment