Sunday, January 17, 2016

Stained Bookshelf



Hey, Everyone! I have a friend who needed a bookshelf refinished for her office.This was such a nice project to do, because she had already started sanding it before I got to it! She chose Minwax's Dark Walnut Wood Stain to make it match with her other office furniture. Choosing a darker colour to stain over a light stain makes the process a lot easier, as opposed to having to sand down a dark stained piece of furniture in order to stain it light. Because we were going darker, I didn't have to sand the bookshelf right back down to bare wood. Below, is the bookshelf before I started working with it. 



After sanding it down, I used a damp cloth to wipe off bits of dust left over. We decided to lay it down on it's back side so that I could seamlessly stain all parts of the shelf. 



Staining the wood was quite simple, I first brushed the stain onto the wood, then I went over it with a rag to wipe off the excess. 



Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the bookshelf completed standing up-right. This was a very easy and fun project to do, and shows what a simple coat of stain can do to give furniture a new look.  


No comments:

Post a Comment