Monday, February 1, 2016

Silhouette Signs



Hey, Everyone! I thought I'd show you one of the simple projects that I've been working on recently. Since I've got lots of scrap wood left over from my dining table project, I've been coming up with ways to use it up! I didn't really have much of an idea for what to do when I started making this sign, I first wood glued the two pieces together and then used some of my DIY vinegar wood stain to give it that "weathered" look. I've seen lots of deer head signs lately and thought it'd be interesting to make a stencil of my own and give it a try. 




In the photo above, I used a picture of a deer head silhouette that I printed off onto thicker paper. I then cut the shape of the deer head out to make it a reverse stencil, where the wood stain would be the deer head and the paint would be on the outside, as opposed to the other way around. 


After holding the stencil down, I carefully painted over top and around the stencil, it turned out great! 



And here it is! A simple, yet very fun project to do on a rainy day. And it was very cost effective, another thing to add to the repertoire. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment