Friday, February 26, 2016

Spring is Around the Corner

Hey, Everyone! It seems like spring is just around the corner, so with gardening in mind, a client asked me to give a wagon she uses as a planter a new look. Her request was for off-chalk paint to be used on it and for the wheels and stencil to be black.




Here's the wagon before I did anything to it. Because of the wood bars on the sides, it made stencilling difficult, so we decided to remove one on each side to create some space.




After removing the wooden strips off the sides, I sanded it down so there wouldn't be any splinters. Now for the fun part!




To give it a distressed look, I first painted the wheels, then painted certain parts of the wagon with the black paint so that it would show through the off-white.




While waiting for the paint to dry, my brother kindly cut out my stencil for me, it turned out great!




After the black paint was dried, I painted over top with the off- white chalk paint. Then I added our stencil to each side.




And with a little bit of distressing and a few coats of outdoor varathane, this wagon is ready to be used as a planter, a great addition to the garden. :)






"Like" Our New Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment